Drain problems? We can fix them without ever having to dig up your property.
- 1 Signs That You Need a Drain Replacement or Repair in Toronto
- 2 What is Trenchless Drain Repair?
- 3 Trenchless Drain Repair vs Traditional
- 4 Trenchless Sewer Replacement Cost
- 5 What Can You Expect Choosing Us For the Installation?
- 6 Why Dr. Pipe?
Check the video showing our drain relining skills before and after. Every customer gets a video of the drain before and after.
Signs That You Need a Drain Replacement or Repair in Toronto
Since sewer lines are buried underground, it’s often hard for a homeowner to tell they have drain problems. There are a handful of signs you should be on the lookout for that may indicate damage to your drains.
- Foul Odor: Because the pipes below your property carry sewage, a damaged pipe is likely to emit an odor. If you’ve noticed a raw sewage smell lingering around your lawn, you may need a drain repair.
- Slow Drains: If you’re having consistent problems with slow drains throughout your home, that could indicate a bigger problem in the sewer line. Large clogs need to be cleared as soon as possible to prevent worse damage in the future.
- Signs in the Lawn: If you find your lawn is wet and soggy, or there are excessively green patches or pools of water, it’s possible a drain pipe has been damaged.
If you notice any of these, call our experts for a video inspection of your drain to determine if any damage is present.
What is Trenchless Drain Repair?
We understand that having your lawn torn up to fix damaged pipes is a massive inconvenience, which is why trenchless drain repair has become such a popular, effective and convenient option.
Trenchless drain repair is a method of repairing your damaged drain pipes without ever having to dig up your lawn. After our plumbing service professionals use a camera to determine if your drain pipe is damaged, they will dig two holes, one at either end of the damaged pipe. Next is the part that makes trenchless repair so effective – our experts will drive a new pipe or pipe liner into the old damaged pipe, replacing and repairing your damaged pipe from the inside without ever having to damage your lawn.
The new pipes are designed to last a long time. They deflect roots, are chemical resistant and are made from durable, leak-proof materials. They’re also completely compliant with all building codes.
Trenchless Drain Repair vs Traditional
There are a number of benefits to trenchless drain repair for Toronto homeowners like;
- Time: Traditional drain repair can take days to complete during which time your home can be thrown into turmoil. From your lawn turning into a construction zone to not being able to use your own plumbing, it’s a huge inconvenience. Trenchless plumbing is usually able to be finished in a single day. The most time-consuming aspects are actually the video inspection of the pipe and the small holes that need to be dug on either end.
- Quality: Trenchless repair uses seamless pipes that are joint free so you’re less likely to have problems in the future than if you use traditional pipes. The pipes are made from a material called HDPE which is extremely resilient and will likely last for decades to come.
- Function: The seamless pipes used in trenchless repair require less maintenance than traditional pipes and may also lead to improved flow capacity.
Trenchless Sewer Replacement Cost
Though every case is different, a trenchless repair takes less time and doesn’t cause extensive property and landscaping damage, not to mention you won’t require more maintenance down the road. Trenchless drain replacement is a more cost-effective option than traditional repair and will always save money in the long run.
What Can You Expect Choosing Us For the Installation?
Our team of qualified and licensed plumbers will get your drain repair done quickly and professionally. You can expect every aspect of your repair to be done right including;
- Offering you a fair and honest price up front
- A thorough video inspection of your current drain system
- Cleaning your home and yard after we’ve finished our work so that everything is just as we found it
- Coming prepared with superior tools and equipment
- We’re fully bonded and insured
- Our trade license is verified and maintained so you can be sure we are up to date with our certification
Why Dr. Pipe?
We treat your home the way we expect workers to treat our homes. That means coordinating with you from the moment you call for a quote all the way through the final work we perform. Our team will cover and clean everything in their work area so you don’t have the added stress of a mess to tidy up and we’ll finish as quickly and efficiently as possible.
We can also help with insurance and obtaining any permits or the potentially valuable, cost-reducing City of Toronto rebates you may qualify for when you hire a licensed and insured company like Dr. Pipe to do any drain work that may be necessary for your repairs.
These are photos from one of the permalining we did in one of Toronto homes. Permalining is a method which lines the inside of your pipes with an epoxy resin which hardens to form a solid pipe.
Step1. Camera Inspection to locate the damaged section of the drain pipe
Step2. Snaking drain pipe to cut tree roots
Step3. The blader insertion into the felt tube
Step4. Epoxy preparation
Step5. Saturation filled tube with epoxy
Step6. Preparation line to insert the old drain pipe
Step 7. Insertion liner to the old drain pipe
Step 8. Inflating the tube with air
Step 9. Connecting relined side to the new drain system