Basements can flood for a variety of reasons, with the increasingly frequent and severe weather changes in Toronto we highly advise you to take a proactive approach in protecting your basement from flooding. There is a City of Toronto subsidy called Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy Program that can help you minimize the expense of the flood protection devices installation. The devices that are eligible for this subsidy are back-water valve, sump pump, and pipe severance and capping. The maximum amount of financial help offered by the city is 80% of the invoiced cost up to $3200. To be eligible the work must be done by a city-licensed plumber such Dr.Pipe Drain and Plumbing and the application needs to be sent no later than a year after the invoice.
Check out DrPipe helping Insurance Bureau of Canada:
All of our work is licensed by the City of Toronto and thus is eligible for this subsidy. Please give us a call 416-663-4777 request an appointment with us right now and we will assess and recommend the appropriate installation to isolate your property from the city’s sewer system.
- Back-water valve: 80% of the invoiced cost up to a maximum of $1,250 including eligible labor, materials, permit, and taxes. Or $2500 if two backwater valves on storm systems are installed.
- Sump Pump: 80% of the invoiced cost up to a maximum of $1,750 including labor, materials, and taxes.
- Back-water valve + sump pump: 80% of the invoiced cost up to a maximum of $2,800
including eligible labor, materials, permit, and taxes.
- Pipe severance and capping: a maximum of $400 including eligible labor, materials
- If you are applying for more than one item under the subsidy program, you cannot apply any unused funds from one item to another.