What is Burst Pipe Technology?
Pipe bursting is a trenchless method of excavating old, damaged pipes. Rather than having to dig up your property to remove and replace old pipes, a large, cone-shaped head called a
bursting head is hydraulically pulled through the damaged pipes underground. This breaks apart the old pipe while simultaneously replacing it with a new pipe made of something called high-density polyethylene (HDPE). This new pipe will be the same size or larger than the old pipe and seamlessly replace it from the inside.
The Pipe Bursting Process
- We start by digging a hole to both ends of the pipe to be replaced.
- We inspect your pipe with a high-resolution camera to ensure we know just what needs to be done.
- A steel cable is fed into one end of the pipe that will guide the bursting head from one end to the other.
- The bursting head is pulled through the pipe along the steel cable. The HDPE pipe piggybacks behind the bursting head.
- As the bursting head breaks the old pipe out of the way, the new HDPE pipe replaces it while the bits of old pipe are forced into the adjacent soil.
- The new HDPE pipe is perfectly lined up with the sewer system, replacing the old pipe.
Pipe Bursting Benefits
- Avoids the mess, time and expense of excavation
- No disruption to traffic or property
- Lower risk of failure since it’s following existing utility layout
- Your new pipe will likely be larger and offer increased flow
- HDPE is more resistant to corrosion
Why is it a cost-effective trenchless pipe replacement service?
Under ideal conditions, pipe-bursting can be an effective, reliable method of trenchless pipe replacement. Your new pipe could be up to 150% larger in diameter than the previous pipe, depending on soil conditions.
Though pipe-bursting isn’t the right choice in every situation, such as in dense urban areas where the risk of a surface cave-in is greater, it is often the most cost-effective choice thanks to the speed, reliability and less-intrusive nature of the work involved.
What Can You Expect When You Choose Us For Your Repair
Our team of qualified and licensed plumbers will get your pipes repaired quickly and professionally. You can expect every aspect of our work to be done right including;
- Honest and fair pricing up front
- A thorough inspection of all your pipes and drains before any work is done, including a video inspection, to pinpoint the source of any problems
- A team of fully bonded and insured professionals
- The best tools and equipment for the job
- Trade license verified and fully up to date certification
- A clean house after our work is finished
We treat your home the way we expect workers to treat our homes. That means coordinating with you from the moment you call for a quote all the way through the final work we perform. Our team will cover and clean everything in their work area so you don’t have the added stress of a mess to tidy up, and we’ll finish as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Our work speaks for itself. Check out the testimonials from past customers we’ve worked with and then call us for a no-obligation quote