What is the Water Main?
The water main is the main water pipe that connects your home to the city water supply. The water main is a large pipe, usually 6 inches, typically found away from your property, in an alley or the street, that links to your home via a smaller pipe called a gooseneck. This is the source of all the water in your home and cannot legally be accessed without proper permission.
New Water Mains/Servicing the Water Main
Because the water main is not actually your property, any work that needs to be done connecting to or servicing your connection to the water main requires permits from the city. This can be a daunting task for many homeowners who aren’t sure how to navigate the sometimes confusing processes and paperwork from the city. The application process involves a number of rules and stipulations that need to be fully understood and follow closely.
With over 20 years of experience, our team of professional plumbers is able to help you plan the process of servicing the water main as well as obtaining the necessary permits and permissions to fully realize the process.
Applications for Municipal Service
We can help you understand the City of Toronto’s Applications for Municipal Services and how they’re relevant to your needs. We’ll make sure all paperwork is done completely and properly, all permits and permissions are in place and the city is on board with any work that needs to be done before it gets done, so you don’t have to deal any red tape or roadblocks once work has already started. When you call us for your water main service in Toronto we can ensure the following;
- All permissions are in place for work to be done legally
- Locating your water main and determining your type of development and site layout to determine the extent of the work possible at your location
- The proper place to connect to your water main so that you have access to water
Installation and service of a water main is a serious issue with legal ramifications if not done properly. Because this is the sole supply of water for your home, you need to make sure every aspect is done properly and legally beforehand.
What Can You Expect When You Choose Us For Your Installation
Our team of qualified and licensed plumbers will get your leaks detected and repaired quickly and professionally. You can expect every aspect of our work to be done right including;
- Over 20 years of experience to help you plan your work effectively
- Assistance in obtaining necessary permits and permissions
- Honest and fair pricing up front
- A thorough inspection of all your pipes and drains before any work is done, including a video inspection, to pinpoint the source of any problems
- A team of fully bonded and insured professionals
- The best tools and equipment for the job
- Trade license verified and fully up to date certification
- A clean house after our work is finished
We treat your home the way we expect workers to treat our homes. That means coordinating with you from the moment you call for a quote all the way through the final work we perform. Our team will cover and clean everything in their work area so you don’t have the added stress of a mess to tidy up, and we’ll finish as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Our work speaks for itself. Check out the testimonials from past customers we’ve worked with and then call us for a no-obligation quote.