It’s easy to take the pipes and drains hidden behind your walls, beneath your floors, and under your lawn, for granted. If you face distressing problems like leaking faucets, clogged drains, or broken pipes, however, here are some tips about how to hire a Toronto plumber.
Licensing: Hire a Toronto Plumber Who is Licensed
Licensed plumbers thoroughly understand your home or business’ plumbing and drainage infrastructure, and they have the skills to fix or to repair it as needed. They are also up to date on the codes applicable to working on your pipes and drains. You can weed out a lot of inexperienced or unprofessional plumbers if you insist on finding one who is licensed.
Reviews & Ratings: Considering Others’ Experiences Will Help You Know How to Choose Plumbing Services
The best way to determine how a plumbing company will treat you is to find out how they’ve treated their previous customers. Here’s how to go about getting this important information:
1. Check out third-party sites that focus on reviews and ratings;
2. Search for reviews and ratings that are specific to plumbing companies;
3. Select a few of these companies based on what you find out; and
4. Make some calls to ask questions before making a choice.
One note of caution should be given. You should consider the number of years a plumber has been in business. A company that has been serving homes and businesses for many years is usually a better choice than a company with little to no verifiable track record.
Consult Those You Know: Ask People You Know About How to Choose Plumbing Services
It’s well known in the advertising industry that word-of-mouth advertising is the most effective type that there is. The reason? People tend to trust reviews from family, friends, and colleagues than reviews from strangers or from service providers themselves. So ask those you know and trust for recommendations on whom to try and on whom to avoid.
Seeing is Believing: Check Out Previous Projects as You Look into How to Choose Plumbing Services
Have you ever heard the saying that seeing is believing? The same holds true when figuring out how to retain a Toronto plumber for your plumbing and drainage issues. Check out their websites to learn about their previous projects before you make a final decision.
Consider Compatibility: Plumber Suitability Critical When Considering How to Hire a Toronto Plumber
Finding a qualified plumber is not enough. You also need to ensure you find a service provider that is a good match for you, and this means considering criteria such as the following:
1. Liability Insurance: You’ll be rolling dice if you hire a plumber who does not have liability insurance. The reason is that you will be liable if an unlicensed plumber is injured on your property and may have to foot the bill if an unlicensed plumber damages your property.
2. Estimates: You should ask plumbers you’re considering for written estimates. Don’t hire a plumber who is either vague or unwilling to provide a written estimate ahead of taking the job.
3. Extra Fees: There’s no telling what’s behind your walls, under your floors, or beneath your backyard. Sometimes plumbers encounter things that require extra work. Professionals will let you know that there could be extra fees depending on what they find after starting the work.
4. Timing of Project: You need to find a plumber who can fit into your schedule. Do you need work done by a certain date? Does work need to be limited to certain periods of the day or specific days of the week? Let prospective service providers know so you can find the right fit.
Work Guarantees: Promises Matter When Seeking How to Choose Plumbing Services
It’s important that you ask questions about work guarantees – and this includes warranties and policies connected to them. This will help you to make an informed decision on who to hire.
Experience: Expertise is a Critical Factor When Deciding How to Hire a Toronto Plumber
How much experience do the plumbers you’re considering have? If you can’t find this information on their websites, then you need to ask. Ensure that the plumbers have experience doing the exact sort of work that you’re looking for.
It’s important to know how to choose plumbing services for your home or company when there’s a problem. After considering the above points, you’ll be prepared to select the right plumber for the job. For professional services from a reputable plumber serving the GTA, contact us at Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing. We’re a family-owned business that you can trust with your plumbing and drainage needs.