Give us a call today: 416-663-4777 for a free upfront estimate!
You might have heard of Hydro Jet drain cleaning before when people are talking about clearing your plumbing pipes. You might want to know whether Hydro Jet drain cleaning is right for you. We are going to honestly review the different pros and cons that you have when using Hydro Jet drain cleaning.
The pros of Hydro Jet drain cleaning
There are several different reasons why you might want to use Hydro Jet drain cleaning. These are the primary advantages that we have seen before:
- No snaking – Snaking a drain line works well, but it has limitations. Depending on the width of the tip, a drain snake might not be able to reach everywhere. There are no tips when hydro jetting. Because the water hits the entire diameter of the pipe, it can flush away all the debris.
- No digging – In many instances that we have seen, Hydro Jet drain cleaning can eliminate the need to dig up your pipes. This means that your lawn or basement does not have to be dug up. You may be able to avoid excavating a drain pipe altogether.
- No maintenance – After the initial blockage is removed, the aftermath of Hydro Jet drain cleaning requires very little (to no) ongoing maintenance. The same problems are not likely to return, unless the behaviors that caused the drain clog in the first place are repeated.
- A better clean – Given what we mentioned above, a Hydro Jet clean just works better than other alternative. It can remove unwanted debris with such force that the entire pipe is cleared.
The cons of Hydro Jet drain cleaning
As with any method of cleaning your pipes, there is none that is truly perfect. These are some of the disadvantages of Hydro Jet drain cleaning that we have heard of:
- You need a plumber – It is important to understand that this is not a cleaning method that you can do yourself. You need a licensed plumbing professional who not only has professional equipment, but also has experience with the hydro jet.
- High water consumption – As you can probably imagine, blasting through debris with high-powered water requires a lot of water. This is why it might not be an option during a drought for example.
Even though it might be a little more expensive than some of the other alternatives, we believe that Hydro Jetting is an amazing way of clearing your pipes and ensuring a long-lasting clean. That is why Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services has qualified professionals who are able to properly use the hydro jet in your area.