Give us a call today: 416-663-4777 for a free upfront estimate!
Chances are that you have heard of reverse osmosis before, but you might not know what the benefits of having a reverse osmosis system installed in your home could be. As a water treatment method, it was typically used to remove salt from seawater. However, nowadays we also use it to purify drinking water that comes into our home by forcing the water through a filter or semi-permeable membrane before it ever gets to our lips.
How it works
If you want to know how a reverse osmosis system works, these are the steps that the water goes through before arriving near you:
- The water (with impurities) enters into the system
- The impurities are brought to a halt because the membrane surface rejects them
- The water pressure continues to force the water molecules through the membrane
- The water (now purified) goes directly to your faucet
- The system expels the impurities and they travel to a drain underneath your sink area
Does this type of system work?
Because of the tight pore structure in one of these systems, it is able to remove most of the impurities and contaminants from the water (upwards of 99 percent). It can remove viruses, bacteria, chemicals, and total dissolved solids. Because there is an anti-microbial filter in these systems, it can remove unwanted tastes, colors, and odors from the water as well.
How do you benefit?
If you want to know the exact benefits of using one of these systems, we have then written down rather handily. These include:
- They can be rather cost effective when compared to other home water filtration methods
- You have clean, pure water without really having to do anything – you drink safely and directly from the source
- It requires minimal maintenance. You will not require reverse osmosis service very often
- Your beverages will taste more robust when using reverse osmosis treated water (think tea, coffee, etc.)
- You can remove unwanted tastes and odors from the water
- You have clean, pure drinking water available at all times
Doing it right
If you want a properly working system, you have to remember that it is important to have a professional installation. Otherwise, the filter may not remove all the impurities. If you want a qualified professional to offer you reverse osmosis service, make sure to call the professionals at Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services. That way, you can be sure that the installation is correct and you are reaping the benefits of your newly installation reverse osmosis filter.
Hire only renowned and professional contractors like Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing for the job