As a Toronto homeowner, you want to make sure that your plumbing system is in good shape. It is best to have professionals take care of even your simplest plumbing problems, especially if you are unsure what you are doing. Remember that you might be costing yourself both time and money if you try to address a plumbing issue yourself without the necessary knowledge.
What are the common residential plumbing problems?
These are a few of the most common residential plumbing issues that we have come across before. Even though some of them seem relatively minor, it is important to remember that a mistake here could lead to long-term issues:
- Clogged drains – Perhaps you want to use a drain-cleaning chemical if you notice that your drain is clogged. Remember that these might potentially damage your pipes and the chemicals themselves are abrasive. Have a licensed professional use a plumber’s snake instead to clear out any blockages.
- Low water pressure – Not having enough water pressure can make your showers extremely unpleasant. It is possible to address and fix the issue quickly with a qualified plumbing professional.
- Leaky faucet – Not only is the slow drip of a faucet extremely obnoxious after a while, it can also end up costing you a significant amount of water. Make sure to have a qualified professional take care of these issues for you.
Consequences of plumbing damage
Whether they be big or small, any type of plumbing system damage can lead to negative consequences. There are several reasons that it makes sense to hire a qualified professional if you believe that you might have a plumbing problem.
- Mold growth – Because mold thrives in dark, humid environments, any type of plumbing issue that goes unseen and unaddressed can lead to mold problems. This could compromise your indoor air quality and lead to sickness.
- Water damage – Because water can be surprisingly destructive, your insulation, ceilings, and floors may be irreparably damaged if they are exposed to water for too long.
- Wasted water – You will waste more water the longer that you wait to repair your leaky pipe or faucet. This could not only lead to water damage, but may also spike your water bill.
The next time that you have an issue that requires a professional plumbing team, do not hesitate and call Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services. Our certified professionals are able to guarantee that your home is comfortable, dry, and safe. We offer countless services ranging from sump pump repair to water heater repair.