Common plumbing problems can be prevented if proper maintenance is adhered to. Homeowners can do a lot to prevent plumbing problems on a daily basis. It doesn’t matter if you are in a new home or old one, a homeowner must be aware of the signs of impending problems and be proactive.
Homeowners should have a toolbox that has the basic plumbing tools. Being prepared for the problems could save you time and money in the future. One of the first items you should have in a plumbing tool kit is a plumbing snake/auger. This is a device that is great for removing clogs from drainpipes. Secondly get a set of adjustable wrenches in various sizes. A basin wrench will undoubtedly come in very handy for reaching pipes in the small area behind the sink. Teflon tape and PVC glue will round out the kit. With these few items you can fix a small problem before it gets out of hand.
- The number one plumbing problem is having repairs done by someone who was not qualified. Poorly installed parts and pipes can cause incalculable problems for you in the future. Calling in professionals like those at Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing can save you money in the future.
- Toilet clogs are generally the result of flushing things that should not be flushed. Feminine hygiene products are the biggest culprits. It can also be that you try to flush too much toilet tissue. Hair and other particles should not be disposed of in the toilet.
- Home improvement projects take a toll on plumbing especially pipes. It is important that you locate all the pipes behind a wall before you begin to drill or put nails into it.
- Cold climate living has its own problems. Frozen pipes is just one of them. you can prevent this problem by insulating outdoor and basement pipes.
- The ball being adjusted too high or too low can cause not enough flushing power. This is a simple fix and by adjusting the ball so that the water goes to fill level that is clearly marked inside the tank.
All it takes is a little time once a month to inspect the plumbing systems in your home. A few minutes of prevention can save hours of plumbing down time and hundreds of dollars. If you are interested in other ways to prevent plumbing problems visit drpipe.ca and search the site for instructions that can save you money and time.